To get a tank for scuba diving, you must first produce a certification card to prove you have been adequately trained. This is standard procedure in Canada, USA, Caribbean and pretty much most of the places in the rest of North America. Dive shops all over the world hook up with international scuba dive agencies such PADI, NAUI and SSI. These agencies provide all the tools and educational materials necessary for the instructors to train their customers to meet certain requirements of becoming a certified diver.
Training to become a scuba diver
There are basically 3 steps to this procedure when first starting:
- Classroom (material). This can be done online (eLearning). Qualification tests.
- Shallow water training or training in the pool to become familiar with your dive gear and procedures.
- Open water dives to finish your certification and perform the skills learned in confined water.
So, in this section, I give you information on the courses provided by these scuba dive agencies. I cover the following:
PADI Scuba Diving Certification
- Discover scuba
- Open Water – eLearning Program online
- Advanced Open Water Diver Online
- Rescue Diver Online
- Enriched Air Diver Online
- Digital Underwater Photographer Online
- Divemaster Online
- Instructor Development Online
- Specialty Diver courses like Nitrox, Search and Recovery
- Get Certified – Scuba Diver*
- Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx) Diver
- Advanced Scuba Diver*
- Rescue Scuba Diver
- Master Scuba Diver
I also cover details such as costs and who I recommend out of the 3 international, professional agencies.
If you have any questions or comments, please put them below. I really would like to hear from you. Things like your experiences on any of the courses you have taken would be wonderful to hear. What was your favorite course?